We utilize certain necessary cookies that are essential to the core functionality and features of this website. These cookies do not require consent as they are indispensable to providing the services you request. They include cookies that allow login, shopping cart functionality, and access to secure areas of the website. Without these necessary cookies, our website simply cannot function properly.
We also use first-party and third-party cookies for performance and analytics purposes. These cookies gather usage data anonymously to help us understand how visitors interact with the site and pinpoint issues. For example, we use Google Analytics and other analytics services to collect aggregated data on site traffic and behavior. Though none of the data is personally identifiable, you can opt-out of analytics tracking in the Cookie Management section below if you wish.
The website additionally uses advertising and marketing cookies to display relevant promotions and offers. We utilize advertising networks and marketing services like Google and Facebook to deliver and track the performance of ads that you may see before or after visiting our website. These cookies store information such as past searches and sites visited in order to show ads that are more relevant to your interests. Again, this data is aggregated and anonymized. You can manage the placement of these types of cookies through our Cookie Management tools.
While most cookies we use only collect aggregate analytics data without identifying individual users, certain cookies do enable personalized features. For example, if you create an account and login, authentication cookies help us confirm it is you accessing account features. Preference cookies store certain choices you make on our site like saving your cart items, language selection, or customizing site display. These first-party cookies personalize your experience based on selections you have voluntarily made. You can review and modify cookie-derived preferences in your account settings.
We implement extensive security measures to protect user data collected through cookies and secure it during transmission and storage. All data is encrypted and anonymized where possible. Our practices align with industry standards like ISO 27001 and we undergo regular audits to verify security controls are robust and effective. We also follow principles of data minimization and retention so personal data is only processed when necessary and stored for limited periods. You can learn more about our overarching data security policies and practices on our Privacy page.
Finally, we thank you again for taking the time to be an informed user and sharing our commitment to transparent and ethical data practices.
Cookies We Use
These cookies are essential for the website to function properly. They enable core features such as site navigation, user accounts, and access to secure areas. We do not require consent to set necessary cookies on our site. Examples include:
- Session cookies – temporary cookies that keep track of your browsing session and allow seamless navigation.
- User input cookies – cookies that remember choices you make on the site like language preferences or currency.
- Security cookies – cookies used to detect fraud, protect user accounts, and prevent unauthorized access.
We use the following first-party and third-party analytics cookies:
- Google Analytics (third-party) – Provides website traffic analysis and insights via persistent cookies that remain on devices for up to 2 years. Users can opt-out of Google Analytics tracking here.
- Pinterest (third-party) – Allows us to track engagement with embedded Pinterest content via session cookies that expire once you close your browser.
- Microsoft Clarity (first-party) – Analyzes user sessions to improve site experience using session cookies.
We use these third-party advertising cookies to deliver relevant ads:
- Facebook Pixel (third-party) – Uses persistent cookies to measure ads effectiveness, provide analytics, and deliver targeted ads on Facebook platforms.
- Google AdSense (third-party) – Uses session cookies to test ad variations and provide relevant Google ads on our site and across the web. Users can follow instructions to opt-out here.
- Ezoic (third-party) – Uses persistent cookies to test ad variations and optimize ad layout on our site.
You can control and manage cookies through various methods:
Desktop Browser Settings
Most desktop browsers allow you to manage cookies in the settings. Instructions for common browsers:
- Chrome: Settings > Privacy & Security > Cookies and other site data
- Safari: Preferences > Privacy > Manage cookies and website data
- Firefox: Options > Privacy & Security > Cookies and Site Data
- Edge: Settings > Cookies
- Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab
You can manage cookies on your mobile device through browser settings or app permissions:
- Safari iOS: Settings > Safari > Block Cookies
- Chrome Android: Settings > Privacy > Cookies
- Check app permissions and toggle “Allow cookies”
Cookie Consent Banner
Our cookie banner appears on your first visit and when our policy is updated. It allows you to manage consent.
Do Not Track Signals
Our site responds to Do Not Track requests from your browser to opt-out of tracking.
The most recent version of the policy will always be posted on this page. We encourage you to periodically review this page for any updates.
If we make material changes to the policy that alter our privacy practices, we will notify all users by posting a notice on our website home page. We may also inform users of the changes through email if feasible.
If you have any questions about changes made, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section of this policy.
Data Protection Laws
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation): This European regulation establishes requirements for handling personal data including cookies and tracking technologies. It applies to organizations that offer goods or services to, or monitor the behavior of, EU data subjects.
- CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act): This California law creates new consumer rights surrounding data collection and sale. It applies to for-profit companies that do business in California and meet certain criteria.
Our policy explains the legal basis, user rights, safeguards, and other information relevant to how we handle cookies and comply with these data protection laws. We keep this policy up-to-date as regulations evolve to remain transparent about our practices and accountable in our data governance. Please contact us with any questions related to our legal compliance or to exercise any data rights you may have as a website user.
The legal basis for necessary cookies is legitimate interests, as they are essential for our site functionality. Non-essential cookies rely on your opt-in consent as the legal basis for data processing.
As a website user, you have certain rights under GDPR, CCPA, and other laws regarding your personal data including:
- Right to access your data
- Right to rectification of inaccurate data
- Right to erasure/deletion
- Right to restrict or object to processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to opt-out of sale of data (CCPA)
To exercise these rights, please contact us via the information below.
International Data Transfers
Some third-party cookies may involve transfer of data outside of GDPR jurisdictions. All transfers are protected under standard contractual clauses recognized by GDPR.